We are delighted to announce that this year’s Annual Conference and Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place on Thursday 30th May in the Charleville Park Hotel, Charleville, Co. Cork.
Directions and information on transport to the hotel can be downloaded here – Directions. If you are attending and will need assistance with transport, please contact Kerrie in the office, 01 889 89 20, no later than Thursday 16th May.
10:30 a.m. Registration will commence
11:30 a.m. Conference Opening
11:40 a.m. Morning Session – Deirdre Ryan, Chairperson of Chronic Pain Ireland
12:45 p.m. Lunch
2.10 p.m. Annual General Meeting
3.00 p.m. Afternoon session – Meredith Raley, DFI on UNCRPD impact
3:40 p.m. Conference Closes
- For more on our guest speakers – click here Guest Speakers Profile.
- If you wish to attend the Conference please complete the attendance form – Attendance Form 2019 by the 20th May at the latest.
There is no charge to attend and members may bring one guest. However, it is very important that you return the Attendance Form if you are attending as we need to let the hotel know numbers well in advance.
Details of accommodation rates are below if you wish to stay over. Please contact the hotel on 063 33700 and ask for our special conference rates to make a reservation. Please do let them know if you need an accessible room.
Accommodation in the Charleville Park Hotel, Thursday 30 May
1 night Bed & Breakfast
- Single Person – €85 per night
- Two people sharing – €95 per room for double/twin room per night
2 nights Bed & Breakfast with 1 Evening Meal
- €199 Single Room for two nights, with 3 course dinner on one evening
- €250 per room for 2 nights, plus 3 course dinner on one evening
Bedroom Reservations – telephone 063 33700 or email email@example.com
- If you think you may need assistance, especially if you are arriving the day before the conference, please call the hotel on 063- 33700.
- As usual we will ask the Hotel to block off an area of the car park for our members and we will have stewards to assist you.
New Board Members – ratification
In order to ensure that Polio Survivors Ireland has the skills and experience necessary to benefit the organisation, our Board has appointed three new Board Nominated Directors, Elaine Twomey, Fintan Foy and Miriam Kavanagh. Elaine, Fintan and Miriam have all volunteered their extensive skills and experience to Polio Survivors Ireland.
Members will be asked to confirm their appointment at the AGM. The Board is very grateful for their interest, and their commitment to devote their time and energy to serve Polio Survivors Ireland and its members. Here is information on these Board Nominated Directors, plus the proxy form – Proxy Form & Board Nominated Directors – please download and return by post if you cannot attend and do wish to vote, by Thursday 23rd May.
Additionally we have nominations from two new prospective Board Directors – read more here: Candidates by Region 2019.
Information tables at the event will include the Justice for Polio Survivors Campaign, Fundraising, Donal Murtagh-DM Mobility, Book Stall, Citizens Information, Recruitment and Advice & Support.