Polio Survivors Ireland is recruiting a part-time (18 Hours per week) Assistant Services & Information Coordinator.
The successful applicant will have a track record of providing services and supports to people with disabilities and / or older people.
Polio Survivors Ireland, formerly the Post Polio Support Group, was established by polio survivors to assist their fellow survivors. The organisation has over 900 members throughout Ireland. This position is based in our office in Dublin.
Please note, this is a fixed term contract up to the 31st December 2017 renewable depending on funding.
- Providing information, support and services to polio survivors over the telephone
- Conducting telephone based assessments of survivors’ needs
- Arranging home based O.T. assessments of polio survivors
- Organising the provision of aids and appliances, therapies and other supports as required
- Providing individual advocacy on behalf of polio survivors
- Maintaining notes and providing reports on activities
- Support the CEO and other staff of Polio Survivors Ireland in the day to day operations of the organisation
- Providing information, support and individual advocacy
- Providing services and supports to people with disabilities and/or older people
- Report writing and general administration
- Relevant 3rd level qualification from a recognised body
- Excellent listening and communications skills
- Strong report writing and administrative skills
- Competent in the use of MS Office suite of programs
A full job description is here: Asst SIC Job Description.
Closing date for applications is Monday 4th September 2017
Polio Survivors Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
More information on Polio Survivors Ireland can be found by clicking here.