Storytelling for Social Change Workshop
Are you a disabled person? Are you a family member of a disabled person? Are you a PA or carer of a disabled person? And….Do you live or work in Ballyfermot, Chapelizod, Palmerstown or Inchicore?
The Ballyfermot Chapelizod Disability Action Collective would like to invite you to a STORYTELLING WORKSHOP with Dublin Story Slam* on Tuesday 15th September at 2pm.
There are only 15 places and you must apply by emailing email@example.com by Monday 14th September. This will be great fun and you will learn a new skill.
- How to craft a story that can entertain but also establishes an emotional connection with the audience.
- How to build empathy and develop characters that can offer multiple perspectives on complex difficulties.
- How context and background information can be integrated to enrich the story, simplify a complex issue and embed learning moments for the audience.
- How to encourage changes in behaviours and attitudes.
An audience will be invited to a Dublin City Council Social Inclusion Zoom Event called Storytelling for Social Change on Tuesday 24th September at 8pm to hear some of these stories.
* The Dublin Story Slam is produced by Julien Clancy & hosted monthly by Colm O’Regan. The Dublin Story Slam was born in May 2017 and shares true personal stories from listeners through our Podcast, live events and social media. From the very start we were passionate about creating a Dublin space where people from all kinds of backgrounds can get together to share & listen to stories. We believe in the power of storytelling, the healing power, the bonding power and the lasting power of stories that can stun a room into complete silence and make it erupt into laughter a second later.